Monday, September 28, 2009

Here I Am...

This blogging thing seems to be few & far between.
Everytime I blog now... I feel like I'm starting off by saying... "I know it's been a minute..." *smh*
I'm going to try to start blogging consistently, though. Writing has always been a "release" for me, so I might as well get more active. =o) So... once again (in my Rick Ross background song voice), Here I Am...
It's okay, I guess. Most of y'all haven't been blogging, either. Some of y'all in years (if ever). But... Life happens, I guess. People get busy w/ it & it just ends up being what it is.


Nothing to complain about, over here, though. My business mentor shared w/ me (something that was shared w/ him by his business mentor), "successful people are having a good day, everyday." And while I'm trying to subscribe to that train of thinking... I still feel like I want to wham bam a few folks upside the head every now and again. *sigh* Thankfully... I'm REALLY learning how to just - Keep it Moving. =o) And truthfully, he even had to admit that bad days are just natural. I guess the key is, not letting the masses see you having one, I guess. I don't know. Either way... no complaints over here. I've been loving life and the skin I'm in, as of late. Working on me & am HAPPY to be doing it! =o) I'm blessed. Seriously.


This weekend, I ended up @ David's Bridal for 2 hours. =o) Yes folks... it's about that time. And no, I'm not getting married. It's Beautillion season & my niece is going to be an escort! Then event is put on by Jack & Jill, which (3) of my girlfriends are a part of and of course, they/I got my niece in. I thought she'd enjoy it. Plus, I REALLY want her to meet some new friends. Cause the "trifflin'" ones she hangs around @ school... are off, at times. I know it's only H.S. but... I find myself ready to clown a heffa at her expense - when she tells me how foul they're acting towards her at times. *sigh* But I'm just glad they feel like they can talk to me about the foolishness & come to me for advice. Anyhoo... my nieces are doing well in school. Both are on the cheerleading squads & honor roll. But it's my middle niece's senior year. She's the captain of the cheerleading squad, in all honors classes, in the National Honor Society & has an intership at a hospital (that one of her counselors got her), as she wants to become a pediatrician. I'm proud. But Jesus be a stab wound, if I didn't realize that escort dress was going to cost a grip! Bejeezus! Those jokers are EXPENSIVE. Wedding dress expensive. But the dress she & I picked out is BEAUTIFUL! Did I mention that the bra, alone, was $71.00? I almost choked on my spit when the lady told me that. Um, trust me when I tell you... that bra WILL be going back! I don't even own a $70 bra! No ma'am! My girlfriend in J/J called me later to tell me she forgot to tell me not to buy the bra. No worries... I got my mind right shortly after I left there. lol... Dayum, though. Kids are EXPENSIVE! I JUST bought (2) homecoming dresses, had their make-up done at MAC & bought accessories two weeks ago. Seriously. And then their dad thought he was gonna call me about her senior pics. Uh... sorry, but uh... no sir'ree, buddy! I know he's strugglin' but uh... *ish! I can't be everything to everyone! I have to take care of ME, too! Anyhoo... she had a good time meeting the girls (some of which she knew) & hanging out. And I love it, because they have all these workshops for the escorts/beau's... one of which is a two-part series for the escorts entitled: 'Loving the Skin You're In' and I'm geeked about that.


I also attended a surprise birthday party for my girl, Paige, this weekend @ this fabulous place called, 'Hapa Sushi Grill'. Lawd, was the food schlammin'! We had something called a double screaming orgasm (don't ask what it was, it was some kind of fried sushi smothered in this sauce). I thought I was gonna faint. It was THAT good! They also had some seasoned edamame... and the way we were sucking the juice off the pea pods & shuckin' them peas out w/ our teeth/tongues... you'd have thought we were homeless. I had (2) Jamaican 10-speeds, too (that I smashed down like it was kool-aid), as well. Her boy, John, got on the mic & sang Happy Birthday... which brought her to tears. It was such a treat. Cause when we were planning it, NONE of us wanted to celebrate it at the club. Owww! Somehow, we ended up trying to go - afterwards... but luckily, we didn't get in. I was a debbie downer on the club, though. But she was beyond surprised & touched.

Speaking of birthdays... I'm celebrating mine in ATL, this year! Can't wait! Surprisingly, soooo many of my chica's/chico's have signed on to come. I'm super geeked. Now, I'm cautioned on who will actually show up & who won't, though. I learned a LONG time ago that folks will say one thing & then come up w/ a myriad of excuses as to why they can't/won't, later. I know we're in a recession, so everyone won't have the fundage. But what I do know is... there could be (3) of us, and I will be making the most of it. And I've got something planned that I've wanted to do for a grip! I'm truly excited. And this from someone who thinks birthdays are over-rated.


Anyhoo... surprisingly, I have A LOT more to talk about (not surprising, considering the length of time that has passed since the last post. Lucky for you... my energy level is SHOT. Got a 5am workout so... I've got to end this piece.

Be blessed!
~BK

P.S. Did I mention how much I need these in my life?
http://www.zappos.com/images/z/9/9/8/998528-p-DETAILED.jpg

7 comments:

Yakini said...

Aww, the Beautillion sounds REAL nice - I wish I'd been involved in something like that growing up. I think Jack and Jill is such a great idea for kids.

Sweet Jesus!!!!! @ how expensive the whole thing is costing ya'all though. Well dern! I guess they figure folks have money like that. Whoa. lmao @ "I dont even own a $70 bra." I know thats right! Likewise.

*cracking up* @ ure description of how good the food was at Paige's party. lmao @ shucking the peas how like a homeless person. Those were obviously some good peas!!! Yumm!!!

I am glad you are doing something special for your birthday. You deserve it! Like you, I've always thought birthdays were over-rated and generally downplayed mine. But as I get older I'm trying to change my attitude about it.... starting to realize that maybe it was never that I didn't think birthdays were "special" per se, but more that I never thought myself special "enough" to do something big and fabulous and completely self-indulgent. I dunno.... always felt like I was better off stepping back and playing the low-key, non-extravagant role for my birthdays. Not sure if that makes any sense?

Anyway, enjoy Atlanta!!!! I miss your posts - I often forget you have a blog. You should enable Google Friends Connect so folks can subscribe and keep up with you easier.

The Black Kat said...

@Yakini... I wish I'd been involved in that sort of stuff growing up, as well. J/J is very good for the kids. =o)

lol @ "Sweet Jesus!!!!" on the expenses. Seriously... But, yikes! But that $70 bra... no ma'am! Goodness...

Hapa's was soooo tasty, Kini. I may stop by today & indulge in some. =o)

As far as my birthday... I REALLY am super geeked. Not sure why... maybe it's my attitude going in that good times will happen, regardless. I guess, for me, it's always been about folks disappointing by not showing up or coming up w/ excuses. And this is from those who are supposedly your "closest" friends. *smh* So instead of preparing to get excited, I guess I've started to prepare for disappointment, instead. But... not this year. A LOT of my besties are joining in. I do think I deserve it. I'm just glad THEY think so, too! If only Blogalicious weekend was a couple of weeks later... you could attend. (Although, quiet as it's kept, I'm still hoping for a Cali girls weekend (or NY, or Charlotte) reunion meet up @ some point, next year. We're overdue. Plus... I just read someone's blog on here (complete w/ pics) about their meet-up weekend and all the fun they had. It was SUCH a treat. They're a bit younger than us, so their joint was off the chain, but... I was smiling through the read. =o)

Anyhoo... Google Friend Connect? Say what, say who? I have NO CLUE as to what you're talking about. *smh* Girl... the X-spot used to do it all. So now, I'm lost. But... HELP ME! I'm actually going to start/launch my own site before the end of the year. All advice would be appreciated. Going to get my domain soon. =o) It's time.

Oh... I'll text you today about the JBCO.

Urbane_Diva724 said...

I was an Alpha Kappa Alpha Debut ante about 11 years ago. Yes, the dresses, the slip, the bra, etc. etc. etc. is expensive. Great Experience since it was the first and last time I danced with my father since he died about 8 months later.

Its good that you did get your niece involved so that she can meet other folks on her level or higher...teach her the power of networking early!!

Glad that were able to enjoy Paige party, and I I know you are going to have a great time in ATL, make sure you get into some trouble and yes some freaky trouble *wink* hehehe!!!

Love ya!

Danielle

sp said...

Them boots are B.A.D!!! I love them!!!

p_dot_lo said...

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkk! I love, love, love when you write honey - but I think I tell you that all the time in person when we get to talking about it! I am gonna bug you until you stay on it more consistently...and I sure am gonna try to as well - hence me opening shop over on this side of town. LOL!

Funny that I read this post today of all days - when I want (and really need) to send your quote on how successful people operate - since some bad apples have come across my path today. But it is true - although we all have the bad ones, successful folks have way more positive things going on in their lives!

I can't thank you enough for my very, very special surprise! Man, I was living in that moment for at least a week! Ya'll got me good. LOL @ the car ride to the no-go club too...I don't remember much of those conversations. Regardless, I really, really appreciate you being there for that special moment! Love you to pieces!

As for your birthday ma'am...I'm gonna need you to go on and let me know what these hotel accommodations are looking like - and if ya'll got either a deal or something set-up already. I am trying to get everything in order...but need you to come on with these details! I am super excited though - and regardless of what that bank account looks like - I will be there with bells on!

So since it's been a dark and gloomy day - and you probably WFH the second part...I will be anxious to see updates within the next week! This is me pestering you to blog more! <3

p_dot_lo said...

Oh yeah - and I am with sweetpea! The boots are HAWT!!!! ;-)

Miss Foxxy said...

sorry sis, i know i'm late.. but i DO read all your posts when you post them! it just takes me a while to get around to commenting lol.

a $70 bra?!! for a kid?!! geeeeez.. that shit BETTER be going back! hell yeah kids be spending some serious $$ on those dresses.. i remember i knew girls in HS who were spending upwards of $1k for their damn prom dress. wtf.. i got my shit from the sale rack at jc penney's! and it was just as fierce!

aww i wanna go to ATL.. how exciting. i hope you have fun and stay outta trouble out there!

and those boots are somethin'!! i'm feelin' them.. GET THEM!

and i swear i'll get back to posting something one of these days haha.. just been hella busy :(